Jake was a beloved member of the Cheltenham community who battled cancer until November 2005. As a member of the class of 2000, Jake was an accomplished student and a dedicated member of the cross country and tennis teams. Jake’s love for running continued recreationally and was a source of joy during his time at Emory University and throughout his illness.
Jake was a man of unwavering faith, a faith that guided his compassion and kindness. Jake’s compassion extended beyond his family and friends to those in the community who were less fortunate. He actively worked in Philadelphia and Atlanta to help the homeless and cared for anyone in need. He was a friend without reservations.
Jake had faith in himself and in us all. His faith gave him strength to be a runner, strength to care for others, and strength to fight his illness. Showing your strength by running this race and supporting our area’s homeless residents will greatly honor his memory.
Proceeds to benefit the Physical Education Department and Athletic programs at Cheltenham High School & Back On My Feet, a Philadelphia based non-profit organization that promotes the self-sufficiency of the homeless population by engaging them in running as a means to build confidence, strength and self-esteem. For more information, go to BackOnMyFeet.org
- 5 Kilometers (3.1 miles) Run – A competitive professionally timed 5K race that rambles along the scenic Tookany Creek Parkway
- 1 Mile Walk (1 loop)- For the light of heart, and those looking for a more casual walk with friends, family, strollers or pets on leashes
- Race Day Sign in 7-8am Rain or Shine
- Race Time 8:30 am SHARP! Walkers to follow immediately after all the runners have left the start line.
Thank you for your interest in the Cheltenham Phys Ed 5K-The Run for Jake.
If you do not prefer to register online, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will e-mail you the form and waiver to register. You can also stop by Cheltenham High School and pick up forms at the Main Office.
Registration is closed.
On the day of the event, you can register before the race between 7am and 8:30am
$30 cash, check, or credit card accepted.
Save the date for next year and spread the word – April 19, 2015.
Please contact us through Cheltenham5k@yahoo.com for any questions or to get on the mailing list.
- On-Line Registration is closed.
- Race Day Sign in 7-8am , Race Time 8:30 am SHARP!
- Fee for Race Day April 13th Sign up $30-in person only, cash or check
- No Refunds-Confirmation of payment will be your receipt.
Not an early bird? Do you want to sleep in? Away on business or vacation that weekend? You may want to register for our snooze runner category. Pay the regular registration fee and your t-shirt will be mailed to you!
Enter your team for the race or walk by gathering a teacher or administrator to be the designated team captain. A team must consist of 4 or more people. The team with the most participants wins an ice cream party!
Post Race Party & The Cheltenham Wellness Fair
- Food and beverages will be provided to all participants.
- Raffles available for purchase for all including a chance to win a Fuji Bike!
- The Cheltenham Wellness Fair will provide health and wellness information to the community as well as interactive activities for the whole family. For more information regarding participation in the Cheltenham Wellness Fair, please contact Christa Sywulak-Herr at 215-870-2122 or email@example.com.
- Commemorative t-shirts to all pre-registered entrants. *Availability and sizes are not guaranteed for participants who register on race day.
- Post Event refreshments & raffles
- On site medical care and aid
- On-site parking at the Elkins Park School parking lot
- The professionally timed 5K run will start at the Elkins Park School
- 1 Mile Fun Walk will be one loop
- Strollers and all ages are welcome
Awards will be presented to the top three overall runners male and female and to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place runners in the following age categories: 12 & under, Teens, 20’s-30’s, 40’s-50’s, and 60 and over.
A prize will go to the student runner with the most school spirit! Be creative and design your own running outfit.
Parking available at the following sites:
- School parking lot around Elkins Park Middle School
- The fire training lot on Tookany Parkway at New Second Street
- Parking along New Second Street
- The Kleinheinz Pond Lot
- The Griffin Field Parking Lot
8149 New Second Street
Elkins Park, PA 19027
To Volunteer the Day of the Event…
Contact Lori at Lori@LSiegal.com